Thursday, March 14, 2013

Scraping up is hard to do!

Mercy back to give you just a little update on what's been going over here. Things seemed to have settled a bit and I was ready for some settling in. Then, it started up again. More tear me down stuff. That's okay, I am struggling through because I know it will all be worth it in the end. What's been happening you ask? My old dingy floor tiles were scraped up. Personally, I thought my floor was in pretty good shape. Except for a few loose tiles at the door they didn't look too bad. Unfortunately, 99 layed some new tiles down over the top of my old ones and she got that fever to make another adjustment...

You can see my original floor in this photo. I guess it is kind of boring. Black and white checkerboard would look pretty awesome. What do you think?

99 got to work and she started to remove the old tiles. Did you know that the glue they used to put these down back when I was born was pretty invincible? These suckers were HARD to remove. But, 99 kept at it for a long time. When she finally got the last tile...her hand dremel either overheated or gave up completely. Dumb luck you could say, but at least those tiles came up. You should have seen her trying to get up off that floor when she was done. If it weren't so sad I would have laughed out loud as you humans say. She had been bent over the floor for so long I think her back and legs decided they were going to stay that way. You woulda swore she was actually 99 years old! Maybe someone needs to do a restoration on her? (Shhhhh...don't tell her I said that. She might take offense.)

Is the hard work over? Nope!! Of course not! All that black residue has to be taken up because the floor has to be smooth. This will happen. I know it. 99 looked up some tips and tricks of the trade on this one and she is going to try soaking it in a hot water and vinegar mixture. Then more scraping! She is excited!! I can tell. Tee hee!

You have to be real careful when doing this due to the possibility of asbestos. Always wear a mask and keep the area wet down so the particles don't get airborne. If you are going to attempt it, 99 and I reccomend you do some research first. Then...enjoy!


Anyway, that's my latest quick update for you. There's more to come but if I keep blogging like this there will be no one to supervise 99 and keep her working. It's a rough job, but someone's got to do it! While waiting for the floor to soak up the mixture 99 hopes to do a lot of odds and ends like put a new lock on my exterior fridge access door so the new owners will have a key. I'm going to think about giving the new owners the key to my heart. Yeah, I'm just an old softee, but let's keep that between me and you. Okay? New Yorkers are supposed to be tough, you know!

This is Mercy signing off with a big merci beaucoup to all of you once again for visiting my blog. Until next time...I leave you with this:


Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did....Newt Gingrich

Yep, we are working hard over here and we are tired too. But...there is more hard work to do so time to kick in the perseverance factor and get 'er done! The key to opening the door is to take it step by step, keeping at it and when you get tired of something maybe move on to something else for a little while. The key to the vault is to never give! 

1 comment:

  1. Travel trailers are the epitome of mobile adventure, offering a perfect blend of comfort and wanderlust. These compact, towable homes on wheels cater to the nomadic spirit, allowing enthusiasts to explore diverse landscapes without sacrificing the comforts of home.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello to Mercy and leave a comment. We love visitors!!!