Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hey good lookin'...check out what's cooking!

Mercy here, back to fill you  in on some things that have been done in my honor. Lets start with the kitchen, shall we? This is what I looked like when I arrived  here...


The cabinets are pretty beat up and the wood has lost it's luster. Some parts were worse than others, especially the lower section. 99 wasn't sure if she could save the drawer in the photo below and thought she might have to rebuild it.


 Drawers and doors were all removed, hardware taken off and sanded over and over!


After what seemed like eons of sanding starting with coarse paper and slowly graduating to fine I started to get my shine back. Amber shellac was applied in several coats with some sanding in between.Seems the camera lens got dusty but minus those orbs floating around this is what I look like now.


 The section below took lots of elbow grease!


It turned out way better than expected though!

The side panel below was too far gone so it was replaces with nice new birch. It has since been sanded and shellacked.




My upper cabinets needed some tlc as well.

Once again, door and hardware removed followed by lots of sanding!






 The aluminum trim was all brought to a beautiful shine. 


The window has since been polished and it shines too!



In the photo below you can see part of the ceiling has been ripped out. More on that later...


My stove was cleaned also.



The counter and backsplash were given a good scrubbing!



The faucet and aluminum trim were brought to a nice shine also.

As you might have noticed I have lots of counter space which is rare and a big plus in an old travel trailer. Maybe whoever adopts me when I am all done will love to cook and take advantage of all that space. I can't wait for that moment! Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm...I can already smell the bacon! No, wait, sausage gravy and bisquits....no bacon, no....oh, I can't decide! I will just be happy to have someone enjoy me again. It's been so long and I have been so lonely. I need a cook in my kitchen!

I hope that you enjoyed checking out my kitchen area. As always there are lots of touch ups and odds and ends still to be done, but I feel like a million bucks right now! 99 and I worked real hard on this and lucky for me it wasn't too terribly painful. I am tough so I think I can handle whatever 99 decides to throw at me. Did I mention I am a New Yorker and we are survivors? I did? Oh, well, a little reminder now and then never hurts.

In my next blog I will show you some more work that has been done. For now, this is Mercy signing off with a big merci beaucoup to all you for joining me. Until next time, I leave you with this quote by Julia Child.....

“This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!” 

This holds true for cooking and for life in general. Learn, be fearless and never, ever stop having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello to Mercy and leave a comment. We love visitors!!!