Thursday, February 14, 2013

Inside on the Curbside

My curbside is coming along and I would like to say it has gone nice and smooth without a single hitch, but that wouldn't be true! There is always going to be some kind of hitch in everything you do. For example, the other day 99 was wandering around outside and she just so happened to walk underneath a ladder. Well, let me tell you there were some Lord Have Mercy's flying through the air. She got all kinds of nervous. That isn't even the half of it. Keep reading...you will see. Like I said before...women, and all humans for that matter, are strange creatures. 

Anyway, back to the business at hand. Let me take you back to what I looked like when 99 first laid eyes on me...


Condition wise my curbside area is not too bad. The cushions will have to be replaced, but the original light is still intact. The closet still has the ironing board too. It's the back wall that 99 is having nightmares about. She told me so. Apparently she is not too fond of the condition of my inner tush and thinks it will have to be lifted. Hey, I am jiggy with that! 

Ah, again I digress...back to the curbside area. The couch/gaucho slides out for a double bed. One of the legs is not attached to the slider part so that will have to be fixed. Then there is the normal, dry, dull, dirty, scratched up wood that needs tending too. Under the bed is a storage space and it was loaded with lots of crapola from days gone by. 99 emptied it out in a flash. It brought back so many memories seeing some of that stuff. It's all junk now, but I have high hopes someone out there is going to store some pretty neat stuff under there again. When 99 was done I felt so much lighter! Kind of like I went on a trailer diet!


In the next few photos you can really see how dirty and worn down looking my lower bed frame was. Hey, I have been sitting around a campground for years doing nothing but collecting dirt and dust...what do you expect?!




You can also see that some of my rear wall has been ripped out! 



This is a blurry picture, but it gives you an idea of how nice and fresh the wood is starting to look after sanding.

My legs for the slide out bed need to be doctored up but I know when 99 is through with them they are going to be nothing short of sexy!



 To the left of the under bed storage area is my wheel well. 99 cleaned this, sanded away the rust, and then pounded out the dents with her trusty aluminum hammer and tools.


Then she cleaned me again and painted me with Rustoleum black paint, put some shellac on the wood trim around me after sanding it, scrubbed and washed the floor which was filthy I might add, touched up some other areas and wha la....I think it looks awesome. 


 99 says I must have had lots of boys inside of me at one time because I am so dirty. She says, "you know how boys are!". Well, I bit my tongue, but I wanted to tell her to go take a look in the mirror at that moment in time. She was covered in all of my dust and dirt and grime! Oh...speaking of mirrors....

The mirror on my closet door was removed in order to sand and shellac the door. Now I know it is hard for some people to believe this, but we vintage travel trailers sometimes send messages to our people. That's what I did! Behind that mirror was a message from me to 99! She smiled when she saw it! Real cute like and everything. Made my heart flutter!


Now I told you about 99 walking under the ladder. Well, it wasn't half an hour from the time she took off the mirror until the time she broke it! Oh she was just beside herself. I wasn't too worried. This is going to be my time to shine regardless of any obstacles. Nothing is going to keep me from coming back.  I'm gonna do it! Real soon. I'm a New Yorker. I've got umpf. And the best part is when this is all over....someone is going to take me camping this spring. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps the size of Texas....wherever that is! 


Here is my upper cabinet starting look like it did back in 1961!


My window has been given an initial polishing as well!



The side wall of the closet is driving 99 bananas. My wood is so dry and rough here that she has had to sand and shellac it so many times. She is still not done, but it is starting to look much better.



Here is the "mirrorless door"....tee hee! That's okay, either 99 will replace it or she will leave it up to whoever decides to take me on as their pride and joy. Come on camping season, hurry up and get here! Oh, wait, I'm not ready yet! Hurry up 99!


Starting to feel a little cozier inside of me already!

We are getting there!


There are still lots of touch ups to be done to these areas when I get closer to being ready to fly the coop. Cleaning and more polishing and probably more shellac to be spread too, Not to mention all the other stuff that still has not even been started yet. For now, I am feeling dang good about myself.  As a matter of fact, I am starting to sort of feel like my old self again and that's pretty cool.

This is Mercy signing off and wishing you all a merci beaucoup for joining me on this blog. I have lots more to show you! I am so excited too. Every day brings me one step closer to living the dream! Until next time, I leave you with this....
We all have dreams. Sometimes we hold on to them and sometimes we question whether or not to let them go as they might just be fantasies that will never come true. Pay attention to how you really feel about that dream. If you feel it deep down inside of you, and it makes you smile just thinking about it, if your endorphins are released because of it and if you want it so bad you are willing to work for it no matter how hard or how long it takes...then it's a dream worth holding on to. One you should never give up. Fight for it with all you've got and one day something wonderful will happen. It's true. It's happening to me!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello to Mercy and leave a comment. We love visitors!!!