Thursday, February 7, 2013

Well Lord have Mercy....I've been rescued! You see, I had been sitting at a campground here in upstate New York for years and years and tack on to that a few more years. I'm a New Yorker. Yeah, yeah, I might just be from upstate but I still got myself lots of attitude so don't go getting it twisted.  About a year ago some dude came and got me and took me to a big parking lot in Alexandria Bay, New York. I was really excited about having a new life and a new family to take me places and show me the sites. Never happened. I just sat and sat and sat and sat....
                                     
Then one glorious day a few weeks ago this guy shows up with a big ole trailer. He went to load me up but I had a flat tire. So, the Lord had some mercy because he just so happened to have a spare. Mr. truck driver changed my old white wall tire and then hooked me up to a winch, loaded me on the trailer and took me down the road. I was on my way to be restored by someone named 99. Had no clue who this person was, but it didn't matter to me. I was flying high and couldn't wait to get there! We Shasta's have wings. We can fly, you know!


Unfortunately, I went to the truck drivers place and that night, once again, I just sat and sat and sat...

Then....the truck driver got up the next morning and he changed both of my tires. This is something he did out of the goodness of his heart. No charge to 99. For some reason, he had a feeling she could use a break on this huge project of restoring me that she took on and so he called a friend, got some tires and changed them out. Won't she be surprised. Wowee....I feel awesome! Next, he hooked me up to a big ole van and we went flying down the road again.

At last we arrived. That is when I saw her...99! I could tell I was going to be in good hands the moment I spotted her blue eyes just filled with joy. She actually looked like she was proud of me even in my very sad state. Yep, I'm a wreck! Still a real looker if I do say so myself. I've got potential. You can't keep a tough guy down. No way. Did I mention I am a New Yorker?

99 and the driver unhooked me in her driveway and then they walked all around me and checked me over. I felt like I was sitting under a big bright lamp in an interrogation room or something close to it. They opened the door and took a peek inside but didn't come in. That got me a little worried. The last thing I wanted to do was sit again. The truck driver shook 99's hand after they exchanged some green stuff and he left. So did 99. She went into this back door in a house. I was left alone and forlorn with nothing to do but wait. Might not sound like a big deal to you, but I am just about out of patience here.I continued to wait. Nothing. Come on door, open! Nothing. I promised myself not to lose hope. You see, I am from New York and I know that "in a NY minute everything can change". La dee da da da.....still NOTHING!

So, I prepared myself for another sitting spell once again. Sad part is, if I were to just sit much longer I might fade away to nothing and end up in one of those bone yards to be crushed. What did it matter. I was crushed anyway. Abandoned...once again. 

LORD HAVE MERCY! That is when it happened. That back gliding door flung open like the clouds were opening to the gates of heaven. Standing there, smiling at me, was the person I knew was about to become my hero....99! She came over just about skipping across the driveway and opened my door. Was she going to enter? Yes, yes she was! She did! She stepped right up inside of me, turned slowly as she looked around and then sat right down. I have a feeling that 99 is going to be like the blood that runs through my veins. She is going to give me life again. Oh yeah, this is good. I'm excited. I think I am even blushing. Feeling like I am sixteen again. Could I possibly be in love with a human? Oh how I have waited for this moment in time! But wait...what was she doing. Her eyes, those ones filled with joy and pride just half an hour ago, they were leaking. Huh? Was she disappointed? Did she not like me? I didn't get it. And then....she smiled. Women! They are such silly creatures. She was happy. Real happy. All because of little ole 16 foot me! Wow. I think she likes me. You wait....I'm gonna win this one over. She is going to love me! You'll see...

That is where my story in this phase of my 52 years of being on this earth begins. So settle in, follow my blog and get ready. I have an inkling that I am going to have a pretty cool story to tell about my upcoming adventures with 99. This one is going to have a happy ending, of that I am sure!

Do you want to see what 99 saw when I came barreling into her life? You do? Okay. Now mind you...I ain't much to look at right now but take heed....I am confident that I am going to be one fine looking dapper travel trailer once again.

 Here I am in all my naked, wore out, rode hard and put away wet glory....


My streetside. You gotta love my "Z" stripe and my wing!

My emblem has not fared too badly.

My front. I am smiling at you. Can you tell?

My rear couch slides open to make a bed. Door on the right is to the bathroom.

Sliding doors are still intact in my cubby over the bed.

Original stove and fridge both in fine condition.

Both of my tables are still here.

Fuse box to light me up!

Here is my closet and the original ironing board is still in place.


My propane light is still here and that globe isn't even broken!

Got me my original 60's style light they put on me when I left the factory.

My dinette gaucho area.

This is my curbside.
Those are the photos that 99 saw when she decided I was the one for her. She bought me sight unseen. Guts? I think she's got 'em! Cause you trailer people know that a picture can say a thousand words, but in real life it isn't all about the words.Words are easy. It's what's really inside that counts and you bet your sweet trailer hitch that I had a few surprises in store for my new lady friend. Some would make her happy and some would make her wish she had an office job and wore skirts and high heels to work from nine to five every Monday thru Friday. Okay, okay...so I am exaggerating. She ain't that type. She's my type. The kind of girl who doesn't mind getting down and dirty once in a while. Yup....she's the one for me!

There you have it. The first of many blog entries in which I will share with you my transformation from a beat up old trailer into what will hopefully become a work of art on wheels. Apparently this isn't 99's first time at the playground. I'm just happy she is the one who found me. Happy is good. Works for me!
 This is Mercy signing off with a big merci beaucoup to all you for joining me. Until next time, I bid you a fond farewell and remind you that no matter how bad things seem, the good things are always worth waiting for. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't have to be from train coming at you at 99 miles an hour. Sometimes that light is like a shining star ready to change your world. Anything is possible.
 You just gotta believe!



2 comments:

  1. Well hello Mercy and Agent 99 good luck and keep me and anyone else posted on your progress I love these Vintage trailers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chris! Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello. I will pass it on to Mercy. Definitely will keep you posted on the progress...all the setbacks too!

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello to Mercy and leave a comment. We love visitors!!!